EndNote is a software for collecting and citing scholarly references. If you work at Danderyds sjukhus (Danderyd Hospital), Karolinska Universitetssjukhuset (Karolinska University Hospital) and Södersjukhuset, you can get EndNote with no charge on your work computer and personal computer. The libraries offer support in EndNote and EndNote Online.
- Danderyds sjukhus: Please call IT Service Desk 556 00
- Karolinska Universitetssjukhuset: Contact your local IT coordinator
- Södersjukhuset: Contact your local IT coordinator
Bring a USB flash drive to the library and we will provide you with installation files for PC/Mac.
Contact a library to get EndNote support.
- Conduct a search in PubMed
- Select the references you want to download
- Select "Send to"> "Citation Manager"> "Create file"
- The references are exported into your EndNote library
- Select the references you want to import into EndNote by clicking the "Add to folder"
- Click "Folder" at top right
- Click "Export"
- The "Export Manager" opens. "Direct Export to EndNote" is the default option. Click "Save". Double-click the file that is saved
- The credentials are exported into your EndNote library
- Go to Google Scholar
- Click Settings in the upper right
- Select "Bibliography Manager"> "Show links to import citations"> "EndNote". Click on "Save Settings"
- Make your search. Click "Import into EndNote" for reference. Select "Open". The credentials are exported into your EndNote library
If the reference can also be found in PubMed it's better to download it from there. All reference fields are not supplied from Google Scholar.
- Search for the reference in Libris
- Click "SKAPA REFERENS"
- Choose format: ".RIS"
- Select "Spara som fil" ("Save as File")
- Double-click the download file. The reference is imported into EndNote
Contact a library to get instructions on how to cite a web page.
Sometimes the EndNote Output Style does not meet the wishes of the journal on what the references should look like. Therefore you should read the journal's author's instructions on how to cite references. It's also a good idea to examine a recent article from the journal and it's bibliography. At http://endnote.com/downloads/styles you can search and download new styles. You can also edit an existing style to suit your needs. Go to Thomson Reuters Knowledgebase to download instructions, or contact the library for help.
Check that the setting in Word for "EndNote"> "Preferences"> "Applications" is set to "EndNote" and not "EndNote Web."
If the error message "Database Error" message is displayed when you try to open an EndNote library from your USB flash drive, save the library to your computer and open it from there.
EndNote support page has instructions on how to get the EndNote toolbar back if it has disappeared from Word. The instructions differ if the toolbar has never been visible, or if it was previously visible but then has disappeared.
With EndNote your EndNote library is stored locally on your computer. Setting up sync between EndNote on your computer and EndNote Online allows you to access your references online, as well on the EndNote app for iPad.
Editor: Åsa Hjort af Ornäs