BrowZine is a service that helps you monitor, read and discover scientific journals in your field of expertise. All journals are available online in Stockholms läns landsting (Stockholm County Council).
Reading journals on a computer
- Open BrowZine Web
- Browse to your subject area and add interesting journals to My Bookshelf. Save articles to My Articles
- You can also search for a journal in BrowZine Web here (if the journal is not in BrowZine you're redirected to our full A-Z Journal list):
- Is your computer not connected to the County Council's network? To be able to read full articles outside the County Council's network, you must login with your SLL EZproxy credentials. Apply for credentials
Reading journals on a tablet or smartphone
- Download the BrowZine app
- Select Library> Stockholms läns landsting
- Log in with your SLL EZproxy credentials. Apply for credentials
- Browse to your subject area and read interesting journals on your tablet or phone
- Save journals to My Bookshelf and save articles to My Articles
Who can get BrowZine?
Employees at Danderyds sjukhus, Karolinska Universitetssjukhuset, Södersjukhuset and units with contract for library services. Use of BrowZine requires proxy. Please note that from December 2016 proxy requires contract for library services.
What magazines do I read in BrowZine?
Most journals that the libraries in the Stockholms läns landsting subscribed to online (see list of journals) you will also find in BrowZine. In BrowZine you can also find open access journals. BrowZine contains articles from 2005 onwards, if you are looking for older articles you sometimes have access to them through the journals list.
Can I save articles to reference management software like EndNote?
Yes, you can save articles to EndNote/Zotero/Mendeley.
What is BrowZine Account?
journals you monitor and articles you save are synced between devices with your BrowZine Account. If you do not already have a BrowZine Account, you can create one when you click on My Bookshelf or My Articles in BrowZine.
Use of BrowZine thus requires
- Login with BrowZine Account to sync your bookshelf
- Login using proxy to access full text articles.
Credentials are saved in the app/browser so you only need to log in once.
What is My Bookshelf?
My Bookshelf is your personal bookshelf where you add the journals you want to monitor.
Read more in My BookShelf and BrowZine Account FAQs
What is My Articles?
Use My Bookshelf to save articles in different collections.
I have Karolinska Institute proxy, can I use BrowZine with both Karolinska Institute and Stockholms läns landsting journals?
Yes. Under Settings> Change Library, you can switch between Karolinska Institutet and Stockholms läns landsting. To download the articles you need to log in with your Karolinska Institute proxy credentials and your SLL EZproxy credentials. "My Bookshelf" shows journals you have added from both libraries. Magazines belonging to the library you are not logged in to at the moment are grayed out.
Editor: Tomas Kindenberg